Balsamic Roasted Carrots and Parsnips
- 1 (4-oz.) package feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped Cran-raisins (original recipes -dried sweet cherries)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper (I used 1/2 tea...I don't care for spicy)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots
- 1 1/2 pounds parsnips
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbl butter melted (my addition)
Whisk together brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, and remaining 3 Tbsp. olive oil and melted butter in a large bowl. Toss with carrots and parsnips, and place on a lightly greased 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Sprinkle with desired amount of salt and freshly ground pepper.
Bake at 400° for 40 to 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender and browned, stirring every 15 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter, and gently toss with feta cheese mixture.